Cool things to do with terrains

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2006 at 2:03 AM
Everyone that has some enhancement or addon kinda stuff for this Quadtree component, please read on.....

Let's place them in this thread so other can find them. We can use other threads for discussing Quadtree features, problems, etc....

But if you have something to add to the community that helps them build on the Quadtree project (ie, not a Quadtree feature but a Game feature that uses Quadtree) then post them here.

Then, if one of these takes off.......well, maybe you need to create a component and start your own project that uses this one :) or we could start a thread that's about each kinda thing to do in a landscape.

Clyde...
Jan 15, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Hi!

I downloaded and tested the project and I'm really amazing.

Now I'm trying to add physics to your quadtree, but the raytracing between planes (tris) and vectors is not XNA-implemented yet.

I see that your quadtree library add a GetHeightAtPoint(x,y) method that get height from the heightmap data. I assumed that you try this solution because IntersectTriangle isn't implemented.

I think that adding raytracing (with ImportDLL from DX) to the nodes and using BoundingBoxes of the models in the quadtree, you can put objects in ground looking more realistics.

Thanks and good job