Anyone want to join development team?

Topics: Developer Forum, Feature Request Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Apr 19, 2008 at 2:50 PM
I have been so busy, keeping up with all my obligations, that I have not been able to enhance this component.

Is there someone interested/capable/willing to help with it?

I have example code for shader instancing from my XSpace project.

I would like to see each modifcation as a addon type thing when possible.
Instead of embeding code into quadtree for specifics, it would be nice to architect/engineer quadtree such that adding features could be done as plug-ins and derrived classes. Use them if you need/want them.
Nov 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM

See that your still working on this project would love to help out

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I have not worked on this project for some time.  But I do try to reply to posts.

This version was ment to demostrate what a quadtree is good for.  There were so many people on the forums asking how to manage a terrain. 

This project could really use some updating, adding grass, multi-texture, etc.....but I probably won't be able to commit any more time to it.

Currently, I'm working on several projects (for money) and I'm also working on a new Quadtree that supports triangle soup, instead of a regular gid from a heightmap.  It allows for tunnels, caves, and mesh optimizations.  I probably won't be publishing the new Quadtree until I either can't make a game out of it (Indy xbox live game) or do succeed and can then publish it after some time.  I would be glad to explain the idea of it, though, if anyone is interested.

K3yboardCowboy, Do you have any projects published on Codeplex or elsewhere?  If you would like to continue the work on this project, I would like to know a little about yous since I would be giving you rights to publish code changes for it.